Monday, July 26, 2010

A long break ...

So I took a long break from blogging.   Truth be told, things got busy and I kind of forgot about it.  I've been doing a lot of home decorating projects lately and started thinking I should document them so that if I want to repeat a project later I will remember how I did it.  So, I am going to attempt to keep up with my blog a little better!  Yay for my 1 reader! 

Right now I am working on painting a table I found on craigslist.  I am excited about it because I have been looking for a round table that would seat 6 for quite a while.  I knew I wanted it cheap and I knew I wanted to paint it.  I searched craigslist and kingwood yard sales diligently and finally hit the jackpot!  Its exactly what I wanted ... a pedestal table, round but with a leaf that makes it oval .. its perfect ... except it is red!  No problem .. I just primed it and next I am planning on painting the base white and the top a really pretty grey.  Fingers crossed that it works out!  I'll post some pictures when it is finished. 

My next project is to paint our kitchen cabinets and figure out something for a backsplash.  We have tile now, but I really dont like it.  I am bouncing around the idea of doing a beadboard backsplash but it will be hard and require a lot of measuring and cutting so that will take some working up to.  

No comments: