Thursday, February 12, 2009

Marshmallow Lollipops!!

Jake and I made marshmallow lollipops for his class party tomorrow and they turned out so cute! They were the easiest thing ever ... we will definitely make them again for another holiday.

All you need are lollipop sticks, large marshmallows, white chocolate chips, food coloring, and some colorful sprinkles!


Just melt your chocolate chips in the microwave, I do 30 seconds at a time. Add a few drops of food coloring and stir.


Put each marshmallow on a lollipop stick. Dip the top in the melted chocolate, twist a bit to get the excess off and then set aside to dry. I had some floral foam cubes, so I covered those in foil and used them to hold the sticks upright while they dried. I fished all the dipping first and then added sprinkles. Then, put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to firm up.

(Oh, about taht Batter Blaster can you see in the back? Yes, it is pancake mix in a can. I tried it with the kids a few weeks ago and we were not fans. I wanted to like it, I really really did! It seems so simple! But, the pancakes turned out kind of flat and airy or something. Just not for me.)

Anyway, take them out of the refrigerator, put in cute bags and voila! Adorable treats that will make you the envy of all the class moms.

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

You're the envy of all the yet to be moms out there too!! You had me even before you put on the cute wrappers!!! So cute, and the kids will love it!!