Saturday, February 7, 2009

Delaney Paige - One Year!

Tomorrow Delaney will be 1, and I just can't believe how fast this year went by! We are having her birthday party today and tomorrow we are all going to see Elmo Live!

Putting together her picture montage was bittersweet. I miss those newborn baby days when they are so tiny and sweet and will sleep anywhere! I also love the age she is now. We can communicate and play together and watching her discover new things is my favorite activity!

She says uh oh, bottle and dada pretty regularly. She is crawling really well and has pulled up and stood alone for a few seconds. She walks really well holding our fingers. She is eating pretty much what the rest of the family eats despite the fact that she still has no teeth! Seriously, where are her teeth?! She loves it when Joshua and I ask her that question. She shows us her big gummy grin as if to say "Teeth? Why do I need teeth?" She wants to do anything that Jake is doing. Anything and everything! He can make her laugh like no one else can. When she hears the garage door open at the end of the day she gets so excited and starts squeaking and crawling to the top of the stairs so she can be first to see Joshua. If he doesn't pick her up right away she gets pretty mad! Her favorite game right now is to hand me something and have me say Thank You! It just cracks her up, over and over. She is ticklish under her chin and on her belly. She sleeps with her bottom in the air. She twirls her hair with her hand while she drinks her bottle.

I love this girl so much!

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

That was perfectly adorable and sweet....I loved every picture. She is going to love that when she gets older and gets to look back to see how loved she is!!!