The shootings at Virginia Tech have me questioning so many things. I spend so much time and energy ensuring the safety of my child. Granted, I have calmed down some since the newborn days, but when I think of all the dangers in the world that face him it is, at times, crippling. There are dangers for him that I can't even fathom. And, to think, that I could do all of these things to protect him as a child, raise him to be a good person, and a intelligent young adult who wants to go to college .... to imagine that after all of that, he could go off to school and be gunned down in cold blood by some insane man (well, boy really) ... it is simply unimaginable.
I know I am rambling ... but what happened yesterday has left me with the same feeling I had after 9/11. Unsettled, unsure of this world we live in and angry. I am scared for my child ... what kind of a world am I raising him to deal with?
I feel the worst for the parents of the murdered children. As a parent, I can only imagine the panic they must have felt after hearing about the shooting on the news. And how that panic must have turned to sheer terror when they were unable to reach their children. My thoughts and prayers are with those families today.
No comments:
Post a Comment