Wednesday, April 11, 2007

First Birthday


Monkey,
Tomorrow you will be one year old. I really can't believe how fast this year has gone by. There have been some rough days as you and I adjusted to each other but, most of the time I spend with you I find myself thinking how very lucky your father and I are that you are with us. You bring me more joy and happiness than I ever knew was possible.

One year ago today, your father and I were calling our friends and family to tell them that you were coming! Although, we didn't think you would be here until the 13th. That was the day the doctors planned to attempt to flip you around in my belly to get you to face the proper direction. But, you had other plans. Your father and I were so nervous the morning of your birth day! My water broke, and we got so excited! We called the doctor and our parents and rushed off to the hospital. I know I was filled with excitement, nerves, anticipation ... so many emotions were rushing through me as you were born. I couldn't wait to finally meet you ... this tiny person that had been kicking and flipping and smushing my bladder for so many months! Once I saw you all I can remember thinking is how beautiful I thought you were.

I look back at this year and think about what an amazing life you have already had! In one year, you have learned so many things.

You learned to sleep without anyone holding you, to not scream when we changed your diaper (my GOSH you hated that when you were a newborn!), to enjoy bath time (another thing that was NOT your favorite in the beginning), to smile, to laugh, to hold your head up on your own, to roll over (both ways!), to sit up on your own, to crawl, to drink from a bottle, to drink from a sippy cup, to drink from a REAL cup without choking yourself, to sleep through the night (YIPPEEE!!!), to eat baby food, to eat table food, to grunt, to shiver, to snort, to babble, to say BA! DA! AH!, to raise your arms in the air to indicate that you want to be picked up, to pull up to a standing position, to wave Bye Bye!, to clap your hands and my favorite thing you have learned .. to give kisses and hugs! You are working on getting better at standing and you are thinking about taking steps. Look how far you have come!!

I know these next many years you will learn more and more things and I am so excited to watch you! A part of me is sad to see you growing up though. I love to hold and snuggle you and I love that when you don't feel good I am the person you want to sit with for comfort.

You were the most amazing baby and I know you will be the most amazing toddler, child and adult.

I love you so much,
Mom

1 comment:

~Kara~ said...

I'm concerned. Where are Monkey's feet in this picture? They are gone. They have been lobbed off. I'm concerned.

:)