Wednesday, August 6, 2008

To Jake

Things I don't want to forget:

I love how right now you have favorite songs that are not children's songs. You love an Avril Lavine song that you call the Hey Hey song. You ask me to play it over and over. When you want to hear it again you say "More .... more Hey Hey, mommy. More" You also love the Duffy song Syrup and Honey (you sing all of the baby baby baby parts) and that Black Horse and Cherry Tree (you sing all of the No No No and Whoo hoo parts!) songs. I love your sweet little voice when you ask for more of something.

The way you say the word diaper cracks me up. DIA-purrr ... and every diaper, wet or dirty, is a poopy diaper to you.

I am trying to discourage it right now, but it still cracks me up - you have started saying "Delaney! Quiet!" when she cries.

This morning Delaney was crying in her car seat while I was getting things ready for us to leave and I asked you to go see what was wrong. You went over to her, asked why she was crying and then sat down and showed her your Wiggles book. She stopped crying and looked at the book with you! You are so sweet with her. You want to hold, kiss and tickle her all the time.

You are really in a MINE phase right now. Except that when you say the word it sounds like "Mine-t" i have no idea why you added a T to the end of the word!

When you wake up you say "Mommy, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy" until someone comes to get you.

You love to color, do art projects with glue, play puzzles and trains and are very much in a Wiggles phase right now.

No comments: