I went for my annual visit to the dermatologist today for my skin cancer check and ended up needed to have a spot biopsied. So now, where I used to have a freckle/mole looking spot I will have yet another scar.
She hopes it is nothing, but said it could be a basal cell. I've already had 2 basal cells removed, so this would be the 3rd. I am lucky that my previous spots have only been basal cells ... it could have been worse.
I can't even remember the last time I was in the sun ... all of my skin damage is from my jr high, high school and college days. All of that time in tanning beds and laying out coated in baby oil has taken its toll on my skin.
Wear your sunscreen and get your annual checks!!
1 comment:
I know I'm the worst about this!!! Fall into that category of people that "feel better about themselves when I'm tan". So sad...ugh.
Post a Comment