Sunday, June 15, 2008

New blog name

I have a love/hate relationship with Hurricane Season. I love the excitement of preparing and I really love a good storm, but the potential for massive destruction that comes with the hurricane is scary. So, in honor of hurricane season I have renamed my blog my FAVORITE hurricane expression "The Cone of Uncertainty".

I love when the weather guys get all excited because Houston or the Gulf Coast is within the "Cone of Uncertainty". Seriously, I hear those words and the hairs on my arm stand up straight. Within minutes I start making lists of all of the hurricane supplies we might need ... I plan trips to the grocery store to load up on water, Academy to get propane fuel for our little stove, the gas station to fill up the car, the bank to get cash ... I could go on and on.

Last year there were two storms that were supposed to come to Houston ... right up until the last 48 hours before the storm was supposed to be here the meteorologists REALLY thought they were coming. Alas, they turned and I was truly disappointed. I love a good storm. Don't get me wrong, I don't want another Rita or Katrina ... just a nice, exciting Cat 1 storm.

I've decided my day to day life could also be described by the saying "Cone of Uncertainty". Most days I have a general idea of how my day is going to go, but at any minute there could be a blow out diaper, a temper tantrum in the middle of Target or a massive double ear infection that could turn the whole day upside down. I have to be prepared for anything and everything .... just like during Hurricane Season!

No comments: