Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dry Drowning?

Have you heard of this!? I am sure you have, its been all over the news lately. Apparantly just watching your child like a hawk around water is not enough, now we have to watch them like a hawk for hours after swimming too!! Like I need one more thing to overreact about.

We took Jake to the beach and pool this week and I am so paranoid about dry drowning right now. So much so that when he took his nap I kept going in to make sure he was breathing. And when he acted like a normal tired kid after playing at the pool, I decided he might be "excessively tired" which is a dry drowning sign.

I mean, the chances of this happening are so teeny tiny. I kind of wish the news would just give us poor moms a break. We dont need to know about every scary, tragic thing that can possibly happen to our kids. It just makes crazy.


No comments: