
JW decided about a year ago that he wanted to run the Austin 10K. He started training for it and talked to me about participating as well. When I complained that it wouldnt be any fun to walk alone, he had the brilliant idea to make the 10K an annual M family tradition. He invited his parents, siblings and a couple of our friends to participate with us. Overall, I think it was a success. I walked and pushed the monkey in his stroller. JW's parents and my best friend AM walked with me. JW ran the whole thing, while his brother and brothers girlfriend walked/ran. We all met up at Hula Hut for fatty tex-mex food after. What a great way to burn some calories and spend time with friends and family.

I'll tell you, even though I walked the whole thing, I really felt like I accomplished something great! It was a nice feeling and now I can see how people get a little addicted to running marathons, triathlons etc. Austin has so many hills that it was a pretty good workout, especially when pushing the monkey. Part of me wishes I could do a 10K once a month to keep me in shape, but I know that isn't likely to happen. Its Houston, and its going to be getting H-O-T!!
No comments:
Post a Comment