stub·born/ˈstəbərn/Adjective
1. Having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, esp. in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so.
Yeah ..... that sounds about right.
We had a rough day today. I know mom will chuckle when she reads this remembering the many show downs she had with me when I was little. Delaney is the sweetest girl. She loves being silly, giving hugs and kisses and pushing her mothers buttons!!
She refused to pull down her own panties this morning to go to the potty. Nevermind that she has been doing this for 6+ months now ... nope, this morning she had no idea how to do it and needed me to do it for her. Of course I refused. This show down lasted an hour when she finally couldn't hold it anymore and peed all over the floor.
Later in the day she refused to help pick up the toys. Jake picked up all the train tracks in about 2 minutes .. her job was to pick up the trains. She claimed she physically could not pick up the trains. Just couldnt. She stayed upstairs for 2 hours refusing to pick them up. Jake and i played legos, had a snack, watched a show, skyped with Jackson, prepared and ate dinner ... all while she sat upstairs. I got worried she would never give in so I decided to have her pick up 10 trains, come down for dinner and then pick up 10 more before bed. That worked, but I can't help feel like I lost that battle.
I've said it before, but I am really really worried about her teenage years.
1 comment:
I am so glad to see this is happening in other homes!!
Post a Comment