Monday, January 12, 2009

Delaney 11 months


Delaney is officially 11 months old! This year has gone by so fast. I can't believe I am starting to plan her first birthday party. On one hand our world changed so much when she got here, but on the other hand, its like she has always been here. I really can not imagine our lives without her.

Anyway ... she has learned to clap, wave bye-bye and do the whole hand smacking the mouth and saying AH AH AH thing. She is really crawling a LOT and I even think she is talking! I think that she is saying mama, dada, uh oh, bye bye and bottle. She is still toothless, but that has not stopped her as far as eating goes! She loves meat and fruit and is not a huge fan of veggies, but I am still forcing her to eat them. Like her brother, she could exist on cheese and crackers. :)

Overall she is a really happy and content baby. She is so happy, in fact, that I took her to the peditrician today for a completely unrealted issue and discovered that she has an infection in both of her ears! I had no idea .... she has never fussed or acted cranky about them at all!

This past Sunday was her first time to ever be dropped off in the baby room during church. She has never been left with anyone that wasn't family so I was really nervous. She was wonderful! Never cried, just enjoyed the toys, other babies and her bottle.

Jake has started interacting with her more and it just melts my heart. Last night Delaney was sitting on the floor, kind of fussing while she waited for Joshua and I to get her dinner ready. Jake went and sat in front of her and gave her hugs and kisses. It was just adorable!

No comments: