I am having one of those days. I feel like the list of things I need/want to do keeps getting longer and longer and I am struggling to just get through the basic daily chores! I wish life had a pause button so I could finish decorating, get the laundry put away, read this book I want to read, pick up all the toys, do the dishes, organize closets, sort toys to donate, finish shopping, hang pictures, put away baby items, see a movie, get my oil changed ... oh, and also spend some time enjoying my children instead of barking orders at them to get them out of the house quickly!!!! I feel like I will never get it all done!
I just have this knot in my stomach all the time these days. I hate it. I feel like I have been moving at warp speed since before Thanksgiving and I know it won't let up until after the new year. I have this weird need for the holiday season to be perfect for the kids. Especially now that Jake really knows what is going on ... I want everything to be memorable and magical for him. I also have this sick Martha-Stewart-Like personality issue where I overanalyze every decorating item or gift and think ... this could be better.
You are probably reading this and thinking "Hey Corey? If you are so overwhelmed, why don't you get off the damn computer and go do one of the things on your list?" Well, I actually am. I have this burning need to download the Hot Chocolate song from The Polar Express movie so Jake and I can listen to it while we make sugar cookies this afternoon. Because it isn't enough to just spend the afternoon making cookies ... no, I have to have the perfect background music.
Why can't I just let it go? Why can't I just realize that I have little children and so for right now, or for the next couple of years, things just won't be perfect? Why can't I just freaking RELAX?!? Maybe I need therapy. Instead, I think I will go eat a cookie. :)
Oh! And look at the cute monkeys. Don't you just want to make everything perfect for them! They are so cute.
1 comment:
I feel you...I gave up making lists a long time ago because it was a constant reminder of all the things that I wasn't getting done....because there wasn't enough time. So now, if I remember it more than once, I have to go do it right then, or I forget!! I have read only ONE book in over a year....sad to me that is one of the things that doesn't get done anymore, but oh well. You are definitely a SuperMom...give yourself some much deserved credit, and take a break from time to time. Just like with a job that you do everyday, over and over, and put so much time and effort into it, you get burn out. Not that you'll get burn out from being a Mom...but you do a fantastic job, and be sure to have some downtime for yourself too! :) xoxo.
Or...you could post a listing on Craigslist to have Santa send some of his helper elves to Houston just for a few weeks! :)
Post a Comment