Saturday, November 8, 2008

MYRTLE MURDER!!!!

So, this morning was our annual Home Owner's Association meeting. Joshua went last year, so I went this year. It.was.hysterical!! My lord people get worked up about some dumb stuff. There was seriously a 15 minute discussion about the landscaping guys using the blowers too close to the house so that some leaves were blown into the grass in a neighbors back yard. OH THE HORROR!! Leaves! In your grass!!

Then, an older lady drew a picture of a crape myrtle and pointed out how cutting off the top of the crape myrtle to trim it was horribly, horribly wrong. Then she raised her voice and said "It is called Myrtle Murder! There was an article in the newspaper about it, I even cut it out for you. It's Myrtle Murder! You are killing the trees!!"

Lord. I had to quickly drink my coffee so I wouldn't laugh right in her face. I couldn't believe it, but everyone else seemed to be taking her seriously! The poor landscaping guy didn't really know how to react.

I think they are calling a special session of the HOA in a few months. I will definitely have to attend that meeting! There could be a riot over RECYCLING PICK UP!!!!!!!

1 comment:

loragaige said...

ok, this cracks me up. it sounds so much like where we live too! the landscape committee attracts a certain little old lady crowd that has a little too much time on thier hands!!