Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Yummy Dinner!

I read this recipe on another blog I read and thought it sounded interesting so I tried it tonight. I changed a few things to spice it up a little.

I loved it, Joshua ate half then said it was good, but not his thing and Jake said EWWW and wouldn't even taste it.

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burrito

INGREDIENTS:
1 sweet potato - diced
1/2 red pepper - diced
1/2 onion - diced
(I added salt and pepper, cumin, chili powder and a sprinkle of cinnamon)
Shredded cheese
2 cloves garlic - finely diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 can black beans or refried black beans (I used regular beans and ran them in the food processor with s&p and a little olive oil)
2 large tortillas (I used whole wheat)
Peach or mango salsa

In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium and add garlic. Saute for about one minute, being careful not to burn. Add sweet potato and cover, cooking on low heat and stirring occasionally. Add red pepper and onion once sweet potatoes become soft and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, heat beans, either on the stove or in the microwave. When potatoes and peppers are close to being done, warm tortillas either in the microwave (10 seconds or so) or on a hot skillet on the stove top.

Put beans on tortilla, top with cheese and potatoes. I microwaved for a few seconds to melt the cheese, then roll into a burrito and top with salsa.

Yum!

No comments: