Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Park Bully

I took the kids to the park this morning and there was a bully there. I HATE bullies. Maybe the bully was only two, but when he pushed my kid I wanted to push him right back!

Jake went to play with the water fountain and the bully two year old went over and pushed Jake out of the way and screamed NO at him. Poor Jake just crumpled ... he started sobbing crying .. he was so confused. One minute he was happily splashing water and then next this short, stubby thug was shoving him out of the way. I jumped right up and my momma-bear came out ... I got in that little thugs face and said in my best mean mommy voice "You do NOT shove people, it is NOT nice to push. Do you understand me!?" ... the little boy tried to explain that HE wanted to play in the water. I told him that he needed to learn to wait his turn!! I wanted to call him a little brat, but I restrained myself. I took my sobbing little boy by the hand and led him away.

Jake was SO upset. I tried to explain to Jake that he wasn't hurt, his feelings were just hurt and that while it was ok to cry a little I thought he was maybe over reacting a bit. That did nothing to calm him so, I bribed him with food. We went to the car and got his snack and drink and sat on a bench and ate until he was calm. I took him back to play and while he was calmer, he just wasn't having as much fun, so we left shortly after that.

Stupid bully.

No comments: