I have been looking at the stay at home mom thing all wrong. Instead of thinking of it as a temporary thing, I need to get into my head that this is for real ... every single day until these kids are in school I am responsible for their well-being, entertainment and education. That is a LOT to think about! I get overwhelmed thinking of all of the things that I should be doing with them but can't because I am too busy with household chores and errands.
So, I have decided that I need to approach this as if it were my job. Plan ahead and get organized. I think if I plan out household chores and errands ... then find time every day to do something "educational" and fun with the kids we will all be happier people. I sat down Sunday and Monday and made lists ... gosh how I love to make lists. I wrote out a schedule for the day and then a schedule for the week ... I listed time each day of the week for errands, household items and activities for the kids. Then I made a big list of things to do with the kids and another big list of things I want to accomplish around the house. I feel so much less stressed knowing that this is all planned out. I hate waking up each morning with NO idea what I am going to do that day, then all day I feel rushed and like I am reacting to everything instead of being proactive and planning out everything.
I'll keep you posted on how this experiment goes, but I think I am going to like it.
1 comment:
I love the idea.....if I were you, and I was that organized, I would probably waste hours putting it all into Excel....making it pretty....printing it and putting it on the fridge! :) I don't know HOW you do it, it IS the toughest job with the most responsibility in the world....hell, the world is still going to turn if I don't sell any more printers! :) I think you should share your schedule with other moms, they could probably use your lists!
Post a Comment